Friday, January 13, 2012

More Pastels

Just because I didn't make it to my class doesn't mean I haven't been busy. I've been working with my new pastels. I realized that they needed to be organized somewhat so that I would know what was where. It isn't easy sorting out so many colors. I really like these colors too but they are are a work in progress for the maker and while colors in different color groups are numbered the groups cannot be sorted by these numbers...if I want the blues, or reds, etc. to be together. I could just dump them together by color but I don't know these pastels that well, and I like using the same red or orange when I go back to working on a pastel painting. And I want to know where to find it. I can still see color shade differences but am not as good at it as I used to be. I read that when we get older the lens of our eyes yellows some and that changes how we see color.

My Mama was really good at seeing color. My Dad was partially color blind. I've always felt that I could tell colors and color differences but then if I couldn't...how would I know. Anyway I sorted the pastels and that took me awhile...trying not to be obsessive compulsive about all this too...

And I will post some work soon...I promise.

No comments: