Friday, March 18, 2011

Moon Rise

Tomorrow the moon is going to be closer to the earth than it has been in about 19 years. It will look 14 % larger than usual. It will be a great photo op. Here though they say it will be raining tomorrow night and if not rain at the least cloudy. I will be out with my camera if I can but just in case I took some photos of the moon tonight.

I started as the moon rose behind a neighboring eucalyptus tree. My camera is the Olympus E3 and the lens is my 500mm bigma. I used a tripod.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the moon! It is supposed to be clear here tonight. I hope that I can get a picture of the moon as it is coming up!

dotcombs said...

Linda, Thanks. We woke up to clouds so prob wont get to see that big moon tonight. Hope you get good photos of it.

summerz said...

Nice pics! Still so dang cold here at night sadly. Perhaps catch it from indoors lol:>)

Bonnie said...

Excellent job, Dorothy! The trees are showing great detail and the moon focus perfect as well.
We were getting a red color cast on it here as the sun was setting on it.