Thursday, August 2, 2012

Shooting in RAW

The camera set on vivid to take photos in jpg can take some very pretty picturess. Still I like to hedge and also set my camera to shoot in both jpg and raw. A good example of this being a good idea...

This is the jpg just as it came from the camera...size reduced for the web. I also like to take my photos as large as the camera will let them be. You can see that the snow is blown out. I could have had the camera adjusted for that but Hailey doesn't stand still.


Same exact photo in RAW. Yes I did use the sliders and I think I got a much better photo because that option was available to me.


Bottom line...if you have a camera that takes both jpg and RAW take advantage of it and do both. If you have to choose one then choose to shoot in RAW.

And if Hailey doesn't look like she knows how to walk in snow...this is So Cal...

No comments: