Monday, March 10, 2008

Cats

We have five cats. Tuffy is a big black shorthaired cat. His fur looks like satin. He is a miniture black panther. Tuffy was purchased at a pet store from an animal rescue group. We got him an his sister at a discount because they were all ready five months old and no one had offered for them. It was late August and they don't like to be selling black cats near Halloween. They were both living in the same cage and were both wary of people.

Hailey renamed them Tuffy and Angel. Their birthdate was listed as March 30, 2005. Not too long after their first birthday Angel followed me outside one evening when I was bringing in things from my car, and was never seen again. Tuffy ran back into the house with his fur standing out like a plush toy. We knew Angel must have crossed paths with a coyote. One sometimes comes through our yard at night.

When I bought this house it came with a gray and white cat named Katy. Katy belonged to my stepmom. My stepmom passed away in 2000. Since E.R. was renting her little house and living with our son David, he stayed on and took care of the property for the trust until I bought it from the trust. We took care of Katy for those years until this place was mine to move into from the storage I used to manage. I had dreamed about going to Arizona or New Mexico, but since it is hard to move David I stayed here. I didn't only get the place I got my ex too. It has been interesting.

David met some people down the road that had to move and couldn't take their cats with them. So I said OK we will take them. They came by soon after and handed us two cats, and mama cat and her six month old son. They didn't even tell us their names. The mama cat was friendly and liked to be petted but she growled at Tuffy and Katy. Hailey was told to leave her alone. To let her get used to our place. Didn't listen and got bit on the arm. Trip to doctor and antibiotics for Hailey. I named the mama cat Stormy. Stormy is a short haired silver colored tabby. She fits her name. Stormy settled in and Katy and Stormy ignored eachother. Not Tuffy. He took all that growling personal and the two have disliked eachother ever since. I named Stormy's son Fluffy Boots. Fluffy is fluffy what else and tabby colored. Tuffy and Fluffy don't get along but mostly stay away from eachother.

In the spring of 2006, Stormy went catting around and got PG. On July 5th she had five kittens. Lots of photo ops. We couldn't keep all those kittens. My daughter and her two children Megan and Cody moved here that spring too. Hailey and Megan both wanted a kitten. So we kept two.

We named the fluffy kittens Tuxie and Smokey. Tuxie is black and white and Smokey is an almost black sooty color. Katy was about eighteen or ninteen and one day went to sleep and she was gone. So we now have five cats. After the experience loosing Tuffy's sister Angel we try to get all the cats inside the house every evening. Once in awhile one will refuse to come in. Then we worry.

No comments: