Monday, August 10, 2009

The Lily Pond at Balboa Park

While waiting for class to start, I spent a lovely time at the lily pond. The lilies are beautiful so couldn't resist taking photos. Most were straight on pretty shots.






Started to paint with a lens...trying to make the photo look more like an impressionist painting. Met a lovely lady while doing this. She asked what I was doing and wanted to see my photos. She told me her name was Carmin and that she worked at the Senior Center. She was on a break so we talked until she had to return. She takes care of her seven year old grandson during the week and I told her about Hailey.

This is my favorite from the lily pond.

2 comments:

carol edan said...

Thee are beautiful shots!!! So sad about the damage!!! Why did the authorities allow them to have this party????

Norma Vaughn said...

Oh Dorothy, so sorry about the lily pond. Your pictures (as usual) are beautiful. Those kids should have to work there and redo the pond.