Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just What I Think

This blog is named What I Think. Most of the time I write about day to day things and post photos. Once in awhile I will write something more. I wrote this as a comment on Yahoo News. Here it is with a few edits.

The three middle eastern religions all believe in the same god. People have forgotten that. Each of these religions took different paths and spread out in different ways across the world. There are lots more religions out there than these three but many people like to forget that. And many people have no faith in a greater unseen being. The goodness or badness of people is not about religion but about who the person is inside as a decent human being.

I believe in women's rights so that makes it hard for me to respect the Muslem religion as it is practiced in much of the world. That is just how I feel. I am not scared of Muslems in robes. America has come a long way in a short time. Most of us do not look down on any one because of who they are or how they believe in god. If an American citizen is a Muslem, or a Jew, or a Catholic or other type of Christian or any other religion or non believer they have a right to run for office. I mention Catholic because it was once not possible to get elected president of the United States if one was Catholic. John Kennedy changed that.  It is up to the people to vote or not vote as they think they should. That is what America is about.

We need to use common sense when we choose our representives. That means we should think first before we vote for any one that is a radical no matter what it is they believe in. If someone is going to say that a group of people are scary, first on the list should be skinhead white power radicals. That is what I think.

No comments: