Sunday, October 3, 2010

Stormy Day and Other Things

For the last week have been using my laptop. My big computer is sick...it won't load windows though it tries very hard to do so...So right now can not download my photos,..

Thursday we had a big thunder and lightening storm. While I was sitting on my porch watching it all, a bolt of lightening hit my tallest palm tree.  I've taken many photos of that tree but didn't take photos of it on fire. I was too busy trying to get the fire department to come put out the fire and also to convincing my son David to stay out of the yard. Then I had to tell a couple of neighbors to go home. All I need is to see someone actually get hit by lightening,

Anyway I love that tree. E.R. is away on a trip to IL so he will probably take the tree down when he gets back.

Friday a friend Jean and I went to Misson Trails to take photos. Lots of walking and I haven't been doing enough walking these days and I felt it yesterday. I will get some of the photos posted whem I fix my computer problems.

My laptop was sitting unused since before my health problems last January. So was surprised to find my old Scrabble disk in the laptop drive. Spent a lot of time looking for the game disk, but my daughter had re arranged my room while I was in the hospital and packed up a lot of my stuff...

This Scrabble game was hi-tech once. Better than the computer Scrabble game that came before. This one has pretty graphics but has to change the rez to 256 colors to work and it looks dated for sure. But I love it. Sometimes old is better than new.

2 comments:

TomB said...

You write "...and it looks dated for sure. But I love it. Sometimes old is better than new."

My wife has an old solitaire game written for Windows 3. She will not give it up! She's played it for over 20 years and with her trackball she navigates better than any newer game.
The problem is that it won't work properly under Windows XP or any newer release of Windows so I need to nurse an old computer with old OS so she can play her game... :)

dotcombs said...

Tom, I lost my favorite solitaire game...wonder if it was the same one. Windows has a sol game so started playing that one. Great that you can keep that old computer going for her. I'm just glad that the Scrabble game keeps working...for now anyway.