Friday, October 15, 2010

Liberals, Muslems, and Americans

Liberals feel that we should respect Muslims. We are conflicted over this. Anyone that believes in women's rights should have a difficult time respecting the Muslim religion. In their heart of hearts Muslims have little respect for Christians or Jews. Yet they want the respect they cannot give back. They know that they are right and everyone that is not a Muslim is unclean. I don't know why they choose a location near the ruin of the Twin Towers to build a Mosque unless it is to create controversy. Bottom line they have no respect for the people that died there. I do want peace and for them to have the right to live the way they want...let us do the same. I do not approve of the wars this country has gotten involved in. I felt so bad for the women and girls in Afganastan and at first it may have seemed that we should do something. Still it wasn't our job to fix things. It is not our job to fix the wrongs in this world.

Can we separate the Muslim from his beliefs? Can we respect the person while questioning the religion? Can we expect our people to welcome a Mosque near the Tower site when we know that the principles of that religion brought the towers down? We expect our people to take on the guilt of things gone wrong. In the same way the Muslims should have some respect and understanding when it comes to building their Mosque near the twin tower site. Oh! I forgot they really don't have any respect for us as Americans, or Christians, or Jews, or just as people.

On Whoopie and O'Reilly...they have different ideas about the tower location. I remember when Whoopie defended Vick on his involvement with the pit bull fighting. So what she thinks has no credibility for me. I used to like her.

So while as an American I will respect the right of the Muslim people in this country to have their beliefs and their way of life, I cannot approve of the way they treat their women and girls.

No comments: