Monday, February 21, 2011

Morning Sky

After the rain...My mini view toward the east




The weather should be clear until Friday. There is lots of snow in the mountains but not worth taking the drive up there. Today is a holiday and there will be tons of people tramping over everything. Then lots of traffic up and back.

The first time we ever went to the snow, I was about five years old. No freeways back then and the drive back was slow and miserable. I do remember seeing the snow and finding out it was cold. We were bundled up but no one in southern California would have the best clothing for the snow. My hands were very cold and we didn't stay very long. I didn't see snow again until the winter we spent up in Washington. That was when I really found out how cold snow really is. We had to walk about half a mile to the bus stop. Most of the girls had mittons but not us. Our coats were not heavy as we brought them from California...no raincoats which would have kept the wind from blowing through our clothing and I remember just being miserable.

When we were back in California I remember that our high school would thin out the day after snow in the mountains.

Anyway if I do get up to see the snow will post some photos here.

No comments: