Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rain

Rain makes everything green. My yard looks like a park from the rain we had a few weeks ago and then the sunny days we have had last month and up to day before yesterday. Without some more rain the green would turn to brown dirt and dust. So I am always happy to see it rain here. I don't know how long this will last...but have heard a few complaints all ready!

Spring is always my favorite time. I think that is true for most people no matter where they live. Here there is such a big difference between spring and summer. In summer everything turns brown. Google Earth updated the photos of this area last August and it was a surprise to me at how brown everything looked though I do live here. Seeing it from space shows the dry we really live in. People might wonder why we don't get out the garden hoses and sprinklers. Water is expensive. If we use too much we must pay a penality for the extra used over our limit. So let it rain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are finally experiencing a melt down of the snow pack here in NW Pennsylvania. Temperatures are about 20 degrees above normal. We'll enjoy it while we can. Temperatures will return to normal this weekend, and snow is once again in the forecast. Only a few more weeks until Spring!