Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Favorite Place

Yesterday we went to Summer's Past. Hailey, Jackie, and me. I love that place and can always find new things to take photos of. The snack bar was open, but the place was not as crowded as it has become on weekends. We sat and drank some iced tea and then Jackie and Hailey went to the gift shop. That usually gives me some time to walk around and take photos. It was only a little while when they were back ready to leave. I think I've burned them out on the place and they were bored. I did get a few photos and even some while they waited on me to hurry up...though not anything I want to post. Darn.

We had a lovely lunch after in Alpine. A resturant there makes the best BLT I've eaten in years. We sat outside on the patio and the lunch was totally enjoyable. On the way up to Alpine we had noticed a place with cactus for sale and had planned to stop on the way back but both Jackie and Hailey were ready to go home. Naps were mentioned. So we didn't stop at the cactus place...saving that for next time.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful combination of flowers and butterfly, Dorothy! I agree, the butterfly is the same like the one I recently posted.
Olivia

Anonymous said...

The Butterfly is a Cabbage White.