Sunday, November 14, 2010

Summer's Past...Love that place!

Jackie and I drove up to Summer's Past yesterday. We drank mango iced tea and looked through the gift shop and soap shop. I wandered around and took photos.

White flowers are so hard to photograph...for me anyway. In the sun they easily blow out and in the shade they look gray. I took several of this view and still not all that happy with this...

I see a view I want to capture and it never seems as good in a photo...this was pretty much the way it looked to me.

The stream flows through the grounds. I love the sound.

This view caught my eye.

The gift shop windows

Looking out the door of the gift shop.

I took photo of these guys in the past and never quite captured them. They are shaded and finally I think I did a bit better. Yes, I did Photoshop this.

Getting ready for Christmas. This tree is in the soap shop.

Leaving.


We were going to stop at the Antique Barn in Glenview but decided to go for food first. We drove to a wonderful Chinese resturant down in El Cajon and then decided we would visit the Antique Barn next week. Jackie needed the oil changed in her car so we went to a place that does that while you wait in the car. It didn't take long and we had a good time just talking. Then home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day. I liked your pictures. My favorites were of the stream flowing through the grounds and looking out the door of the gift shop.

dotcombs said...

Thank you, Linda. We did have a nice relaxing day...not enough of those...

Trails of a Traveler said...

Nice photos Dorothy!
Good work..

Ram

carol edan said...

Guess I missed these!!! Absolutely beautiful....