Sunday, October 25, 2009

Old Poway Park

The park isn't really old. It is a lovely place to visit and an interesting place to photograph. From reading about it on the internet it was the dream of one man. He brought some old houses to his property to save them and make an old style western village. When he passed away the land was purchased by the city of Poway and in 1993 the park was opened.

There is a small railway ride that the parents seem to enjoy as much as the children.











I very much enjoyed my time there today and will visit again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photographs show that this park does look like an interesting place to visit. If you do not have Facebook, you may not appreciate the next comment. When I saw the picture of the white fence, it reminded me of the Internet game "Farmville". I started playing that game recently and have been erecting white fence enclosures around my animals.

dotcombs said...

Linda, thanks for looking at my photos...I am on Facebook as Dorothy Combs...I've been told that there are several on Facebook. I do know about Farmville and have heard it is a lot of fun. So far haven't joined in the game...