Thursday, July 2, 2009

Del Mar Fair

We went to the Del Mar Fair today. Got there when they opened actually before they opened and still had to wait in line. I got in the line while Elizabeth and the girls went to the ticket booth. The girls won large stuffies. I told them that they needed to remember that they would be carrying them...guess what...I got to carry Hailey's and Elizabeth...Ashley's. They had gone on several rides while I was taking photos with the group. Cell phones are wonderful. Easy to meet up with cell phones.

My sister got us separated back when we were teens living in Milton, Washington. We went to the Puyallup Fair with some high school friends of hers. She had a bad cold that day. While I was not paying attention, Barb decided to leave the group and find a phone and get a ride home. Those girls walked off and left us. No phones at the fair, and we couldn't find the girls. We walked and walked. Finally we walked outside to a drugstore. My stepfather was a fireman...worked twenty four hours on and twenty four off. It was his working day and my mother didn't drive. Barb was totally not thinking straight. My stepfather's brother in law agreed to come get us when he got off work several hours later. Barb wanted to wait at the drug store. But I took us back into the fair and we went to the grandstand show after I bought a box of Kleenex! That was one long day.

Ashley

Ashley and Hailey

Hailey
Carousel

Took several photos of the carousel just having fun with my camera.

No comments: