Saturday, July 4, 2009

Saturday Afternoon

Jackie, Hailey, and I planned to have lunch in Alpine. I didn't take my camera. On the way we decided to drive up to Pine Valley instead. So I missed some great photo ops. Still we had a great lunch at Major's Diner. They have a 1950s theme and super good food. Photos of Elvis and the very front end of an old shiny red car on the wall behind the lunch counter...head lights turned on and all

We saw some back country on the drive which is always nice. Though every trip to the back country we see more and more new homes. On the way back home we drove through Guatay along the old highway 80. Then we took a detour through Blossom Valley. Some beautiful houses there. We wanted to see Lake Jennings. They have the parking lot blocked off, though we could drive along the shore. Jackie said she used to walk her dog along the path around the lake but now there is a no dogs allowed sign. Things change. When I was at the storage I sometimes used to buy fast food and drive up to that parking lot and eat my lunch and enjoy the view of the lake. Peaceful.

No comments: