Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Morning Early

Another Photoshop gradient sky. Bright peach at the horizon to a deep blue green higher up.

Yesterday was a busy day. Hailey had a performance with the Show Choir from her school. The performance was for the Lion's Club and was over in El Cajon. They let us parents in the room to see the performance. We had to stand along the wall.

Then I picked up most of the girls for Hailey's sleepover birthday party. Jennifer is in Show Choir so she came home with us...though we did have to drive her past her house to change and pick up some stuff. Jasmine and Haley T were picked up too. We went through Jack in the Box before coming home. Jocelyn came over and Ashley. I talked to Jackie, Jocelyn's mom for awhile and she said she would be back later and bring me coffee. Figured that by that time I would need it.

The girls were really good. Ashley's little brother and sister were here too. I have a lot of space for kids to run around and so they all had a great time. Also the girls were on the trampoline. Mostly just sitting and talking. I fixed Hailey's iPod to play on my boombox with my iTrip. Some of the other girls brought their iPods so we listened to everyone's favorite songs. The girls arguing over who they like and don't like. E.R. built a fire in my fire pit. Was a Christmas present from my daughter, Elizabeth. So the girls burnt marshmallows. Ashley's little sister, Carley, liked burning those a lot so we kept a good eye on her to keep her safe. Jackie and Jim, Jocelyn's parents, came about dark and we roasted hot dogs. Jackie brought me cinnimon coffee from 7 11. It was a super nice night. Only a little bit cold so we could stay outside and enjoy the evening.

Elizabeth's son Cody stayed too. Cody is a year or so older than the girls. Most of the girls all have crushes on him, except Jasmine...she spent a lot of time texting her boyfriend. Then we had the cake. E.R. had both Hailey's name and Elizabeth's name written on the cake.

Elizabeth's birthday was yesterday. I gave Elizabeth a silver and cubic zerconia neckless from Lenox. It is a pendant of four hearts in a circle and then it pulls apart and mades a line of four hearts. Sterling silver isn't magnetic so there are tiny magnets to keep it together when worn as a pendant. Very pretty.

Candles and singing and then everyone had cake. I think the girls were stuffed. All the girls and Cody talked around the trampoline for awhile. Everyone had a good time. Of course they stayed up late so expect them to sleep in.

No comments: