Friday, February 15, 2008

Sunshine and Frost

After that middle of the night post...well very early in the morning post...I went back to sleep. Woke up to a blue sky sunny day and frost. My car temp said 41 on the way to Hailey's school. As soon as I got back, got my camera and took some photos of the wood pile...the frost was going fast but still got some frosty pics. The cats had to come out to see what I was doing.

Tuxie standing on a frost covered pallet.

Tuffy acting like a panther in the jungle.
Then it was back inside and some warm oatmeal for breakfast. Yes, I'm still eating oatmeal every morning. If I live as long as my great grandfather...the one who ate oatmeal everyday...I have thirty years ahead of me.

I do some searching on Ancestry.com and last evening found another trace of him in a Washington state ...a census from 1883. His name was Dexter Bryon Clark. I know he was in Arizona in 1880 with his father and half brother. I had thought he went to Washington much later than that. He didn't marry for seven or so more years. He is listed with both his half brother, Ruben, sometimes spelled Reuben, and father, John W Clark, and mother, Susan...though I was always told that was his stepmother and his younger brother's real mother. Susan must have stayed in California while they were in Arizona.

Dexter married a half Native American, named Matilda Greenwood. She died when my grandmother was a baby. Later he married his brother's widow.

Elizabeth called and is going to bring me some coffee when she gets off work. She opens the bar early on Friday mornings, and gets off at 10am.

No comments: