Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's Wednesday...

Middle of the week and I feel like I'm drifting again. Not in a photo class at present but will start again next week. It is morning and the sky is cloud covered. Hoping it will burn off early. We wake up to cloudy skys and I think where is sunny California? David and I had a nice talk this morning. I enjoy talking with him on good days. My son John turned 40 on Monday. He is my youngest We live in a stressful situation. John is staying in our travel trailer when he isn't up in Valley Center. Elizabeth lives next door with her son Cody and her boyfriend Dennis and his daughter. E.R. and I have been separated since 1983.

E.R. rented the little house from my stepmom and David lived with him most all those years. I knew when I got this property that there would be stresses. Though I didn't know how bad. E.R. and David moved in here with me and Hailey, and Elizabeth moved into the little house. E.R. is at the other side of my house from me thank goodness. Elizabeth and John are not talking to each other. Lots of anger between them. I have to remind them both that they are both my children and that I love them both. So there is a edgy truce. Dave has bad days where he upsets everyone. Getting this place seemed a good thing at the time and maybe it was. We needed a place where David could live and he was already here. It isn't easy finding a place for someone that is schizophrenic. He couldn't live in an apartment or where the houses are too close together. He yells and rants sometimes and it is better to have some space around I miss being in my own house...just me and Hailey.

I lived alone at the storage for several years. Though John was nearby and then when he was first married to Lynn they lived at RV storage in a trailer. Hailey was born in 1994. In the late 1980s I started taking classes at the community college and getting back into painting. I don't mind living alone...so what happened? We make choices and we wonder if we did the right thing. Hailey is happy and she wasn't lost to her father as she could have been in foster care. I love her very much.

No comments: