Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Posted: 03/08/09 11:13:38

Well it still is, though we lost an hour. I hate the time change. It is sudden and messes with our inner time schedule. I think it is what is wrong with the US...everyone has to get used to a new time schedule twice a year. It is totally bad for us. Yesterday we took another trip to Borrego Springs. Hailey and her friend Haley T came with. E.R. drove and I think he drove too fast. We were not over there very long but I did get some nice photos. We saw the other end of Borrego Springs Road where the other metal sculptures are. We saw some last year and wondered what they were for...actually this is the one I saw first.

Standing out in the desert like some sort of Godzilla or something. This year seeing more works and reading about them they make sense. They are like animals that actually walked the floor of the valley back in prehistoric times. Bones of these animals have been found there. This one is a giant sloth. Mother and baby giant sloth.

So many people stop an see the sculptures. I think they are a lot of fun. Yesterday we went up Coyote Canyon a little way. Lots of flowers...quite a few people too. Then when we stopped to see some of the sculptures I found desert lilies. Some of these flowers bloom for such a short time that it is not easy to see them when we only make a couple of trips over there in the spring. I had never photographed the desert lily before.



Jackie and I might drive over again on Friday...

No comments: