Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Posted: 03/23/09 19:43:24

Last Friday Jackie and I had lunch in Alpine. Then we drove to the Summer's Past nursery. It is really a lovely place to visit. They have tables and chairs and benches along the pathways and lots of plants to see. They have a waterfall, no photos of but there are always other days...anyway the water fall is part of a stream of water that winds through that part of the nursery. I did get a photo of one of the small bridges that cross the stream. Makes me wish I could have something like that in my yard.

I bought some amaryllis bulbs...pink lady...which is old fashioned and hard to find. My mother grew them, and then later I had a large brick planter at the storage filled with them that I had planted. I meant to take some of the bulbs when we left the storage, but with all the stress forgot. This morning we did a quick trip to Home Depot for some large pots and potting soil. I planted two more roses that I got at Walmart the other day and some lily bulbs. I started planting roses in large pots when I was at the storage. Except for the large brick planter there was nothing. So I filled up the area in front of the house and office with roses in pots. My rose pages are full of photos mostly of those roses. After we came here...while I have lots of space there doesn't seem to be anywhere to plant roses. They are still in pots...

Yesterday it rained and I didn't do my homework for In Focus 3...shame on me. I haven't decided yet if I will catch it up or forget about it. It is a beautiful day today. A friend I've known since college is out from Iowa for a short visit. She moved there last year. We had lunch and then went looking for candy bars. Not just any candy...U-No bars. Pronounced "You Know" they were my mama's favorite and Janey's favorite too. Sometimes they are hard to find and over the years after we would have lunch we would go on a candy hunt hopefully to find U-No bars. Janey says they don't have them in Iowa. Today we got them at the first store we went to and not only they they were buy one and get one free.

Went to pick up Hailey after school and got busy...finally back to finish this and it is now dark out...One thing I did do was take my blur photos for Sunday's assignment. Only got five shots but that is better than none.

No comments: