Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Posted: 02/18/09 00:21:47

The roses from Valentine's Day are history. Someone on another forum said that they were sick and tired of seeing flower photos. I bet they are younger than I am and I am not tired of seeing flowers or photos of flowers. I've said that I seldom get bored. And it is true. So when people say that they are bored with taking or seeing photos of flowers or landscapes or whatever I feel sad for them. We can find ourselves in boring situations. I sure have...but never taking photos or painting or seeing what there is to see. Being creative is not being bored. Seeing what other people create is not being bored. Maybe some things are less and some more, but that is a judgement made by ourselves or by others. Some criticism can help us grow. Some criticism can kill our souls. We need to know the difference. We look for approval, but in reality we don't need it. Art is like a kaleidoscope that changes and reinvents and keeps on changing. All we need to do is see and we can own the light.

No comments: