Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Posted: 02/26/09 15:24:54

No photos but enjoyed watching the egret visiting our woodpiles. Actually hunting lizards and he got several before flying away. The kestrals flew over too and the humming birds are flying back and forth to the feeder. Would think it was spring all ready. Our trip to Borrego is planned for Saturday morning. I love it over there and always planned to move to the desert when retired. Now am here in Eucalyptus Hills and it is not so bad.

Yesterday I planted five roses. Planted in pots so they can be moved around...know that sounds silly but the only way to get them close to the house. I got started planting roses in pots when I lived at the mini storage. There was nothing but concrete and blacktop surround the place. I brought them all up here when Hailey and I moved. I sometimes get depressed and I let them go for a couple of years. I may not get bored often but I can get really depressed. Part of the reason was my daughter moved back from Colorado with her children. Was supposed to be temporary so bought her a travel trailer to stay in until she found a job and place to live. She left lots of boxes around the trailer and I couldn't water my roses without getting her stuff wet. Then she moved into my little house where ER and Dave lived. They had been renting from my stepmom and were here when I bought the place from the estate. So ER and Dave moved out of the little house and Elizabeth moved in. That meant lots of changes for Hailey and me. Lots of stress. I went back on Prozac. Elizabeth's daughter went back to Oklahoma to live with her father. I miss her but she was not happy here. I love my daughter but she would sometimes stress Megan so much over nonsense that I was glad to see Megan leave. My daughter reminds me a lot of my own mother personality wise.

David is a sweet kind person, but he also is a paranoid schizophrenic. That makes things difficult at times. I admire Hailey so much because she loves and understands her Uncle Dave. It might be hard for some teens to deal with. She just takes it in stride. Anyway I am looking forward to seeing the new roses grow and bloom.

No comments: