Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Posted: 02/24/09 19:25:58

Made it to class on Thursday night and Sunday morning. I did miss a lot missing the two classes in Flashworks. Will probably take the class again if I can. I did learn about remote flash. And I got a Wein remote for an old Olympus discontinued flash...a flash that doesn't work for my current camera. What fun. I've also ordered a new flash that has built in remote and I have my smaller flash too. If I get a Wein for it will have three remotes. More fun. I want to go over to the wild flowers this weekend. From what I've seen on the net they are blooming early. Hopefully I will get over there the next weekend too. I never get tired of seeing the wild flowers in Borrego. Well they don't last long enough to get tired of anyway. I used to be able to hike and now am taking a good long look at my weight and thinking I really better do something about it! When I was young my mom would organize a trip to Borrego Springs at least once every spring. Usually Easter Sunday. That is a little late for the seeing the good flowers. We would hike up to the palms in Palm Canyon and enjoy the flowing water. It was like a desert oasis. Over the years it got crowded and not so much fun. Then they had a fire and the palms were fragile...also they had to be roped off to keep the ground from being trampled and the earth packed hard. Bad for the palms. I took a wonderful b/w photo of the palms when I was in highschool. I printed it very large while in my Photography Class at Grossmont. Then matted it for display. I haven't seen that photo is so many years I probably remember it better than it really was. At first I loved the photography class. My mother had taken photography at Grossmont when she went to highschool there. The students had to take turns in the darkroom waiting for the timer to go off so the film could be moved from one tank to another. One of the boys in the class came into the dark room and made a pass at me. At first it was just talk and I told him to leave. He wouldn't! Then he tried to find me to touch me. So I left. I tried to watch who came back to class but too many kids were wondering back and forth. The room with the enlargers was between the classroom and the darkroom. Someone told the teacher I was not in the darkroom. Probably him! So the teacher told me to go back in. I was too embarassed to tell him why I'd left. Then after a few minutes the boy came back into the darkroom. He wouldn't tell me who he was...though I had a pretty good idea...I couldn't say for sure. Anyway I left again and this time I told the teacher and I would never go back in that dark room again. And I never liked being in that class anymore either. Thank goodness it didn't put me off wanting to take pictures.

No comments: