Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Evening

Sometimes life sucks...my son David insisted that his dad drive him over to Borrego Springs. Dave has bad spells with his illness and instead of telling him "no" when he wants to leave, E.R. will take him wherever... It began with Dave just leaving and calling from some faraway place wanting a ride home. That was years ago when Dave first became ill. Now he will act up until his dad just drives him somewhere. Dave used to stay gone for months and then weeks. Now it is usually a few days. This time it was overnight. E.R. is over in Borrego Springs to get Dave. And he can't find him so E.R. calls me and rants to me. I stay by the phone in case Dave calls and I can tell him that his dad is looking for him.

Yesterday the sun was shining and I thought that maybe summer was here at last...not so fast. Today it was back to gray skys and June Gloom.

Back in May Elizabeth decided to dig out the swimming pool. My father filled it in back in the 1970s. Then used it as a planter. Later my stepmom planted roses and a couple of trees. A few years ago we installed an above ground pool for Hailey. That was fun and I wasn't worried about it because it wasn't all that deep.

E.R. got a lot of the dirt out with our little loader.



Then when it got too steep for the loader, the kids tried...they had a lot of fun anyway.


Then we got a backhoe and finished the job. The pool was homemade back in the 1950s and is very big and very deep at the deep end...about nine and a half feet. It was painted. It is also very cracked up. So Elizabeth and Dennis are working to patch the cracks and then they plan to sand blast and repaint it.

No comments: